Monthly Archives: June 2016
le château de Gala Dali à Pubol, Catalunya date du 11ème siècle et il a été offert par Salvador à sa femme en 1968, comme un endroit pour son repos et son refuge… après la mort de Gala en 1982, Dali a déménagé dans le “castell” qui est devenu son dernier atelier et le mausolée de sa muse.
* * *
N.B. histoire vraie… Dali à Gala:
– Je vais t’offrir un château gothique, Gala… vas-tu l’accepter?
– oui, à une condition: viens me rendre visite seulement par invitation écrite!
– je suis d’accord, Gala, puisque j’accepte tout d’habitude, chaque fois qu’il y a des conditions. C’est le principe même de l’amour courtois! 🙂
Gala Dali castle in Pubol, Catalunya dates from the 11th century and it was offered by Salvador to his wife în 1968, as a suitable place for her rest and refuge… after Gala’s death in 1982, Dali moved in, and the “castell” became his last workshop and the mausoleum of his muse.
* * *
N.B. true story… Dali to Gala:
– I’m gonna offer you a Gothic castle, Gala… will you accept it?
– I will, with one condition: come to visit me only by written invitation!
– I do accept, Gala, since I usually accept everything whenever there are conditions. It’s the very principle of courtly love! 🙂
N.B. John Steinbeck has been one of my favourite American authors since my highschool years and I still reread his works. Once at the University, I wrote an essay called “The Evolution of Steinbeck’s Humanism from ‘Of Mice and Men’ to the ‘Winter of Our Discontent'” and I got the highest grade: 10/10(A+!)… 🙂
* * *
“It has always seemed strange to me… the things we admire in men, kindness and generosity, openness, honesty, understanding and feeling are the concomitants of failure in our system. And those traits we detest, sharpness, greed, acquisitiveness, meanness, egotism and self-interest are the traits of success.”(John Steinbeck – Cannery Row)
* * *
with my beloved John @ Cannery Row, Monterey, California – 3 weeks ago… ❤
“I believe a strong woman may be stronger than a man, particularly if she happens to have LOVE in her heart. I guess a loving woman is indestructible.”(John Steinbeck – East of Eden)